A Journey into the World of Lalleswhari

Last June Kaustubha performed an interactive show based on the poetry of the Kashmiri saint Lal Ded, also known as Lalleswhari, but friendly called Lalla.

A very unique location on the shores of Lago Maggiore in Italy hosted the event, with the magic words, lot of dance and traditional Indian music.

Here some of Lalla's verses, also called Vakht:



        I traversed the vastness of the Void alone,
leaving behind me reason and sense,
Then came upon the secret of the Self;
And, all on a sudden, unexpectedly,
In mud the lotus bloomed for me.


Let them mock at me and call me names.
If a true devotee of Siva I be,
I shall not feel distressed nor hurt.
Can a few ashes a mirror befoul ?


My Guru gave me but one percept :
"From without withdraw your gaze within and fix it on the Inmost Self.”  Taking to heart this one percept,
Naked I began to dance.